Royals manager has gall bladder surgery
- Scherzer goes to 10-0, Cabrera homers
- Yanks' Teixeira may be going back on DL
- Reds hits 4 solo homers to beat Pirates
- Tigers place RHP Sanchez, C Avila on DL
- Surging Royals top Indians on wild pitch
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost has had surgery to remove his gall bladder.
Yost attended the Royals workout Tuesday morning, but missed the Royals' initial intrasquad game in the afternoon to have the surgery at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix. He was back at Royals camp on Wednesday with an ice pack under his uniform jersey.
Yost said it has been bothering him for two years, but it began "acting up" in spring training.
Updated February 20, 2013