Mets 2B Murphy has strained muscle on right side
- Mattingly, Dodgers split DH in Bronx
- Angels drop Hamilton to 7th in lineup
- Astros sign No. 1 overall pick Appel
- Davis' 2 HRs help O's beat Tigers 13-3
- Jays top Rockies for eighth straight win
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy has a strained muscle on his right side and is day-to-day after receiving a cortisone shot in New York.
Murphy was back in camp Wednesday morning and said he didn't have a timetable for his return to regular workouts. He planned only a bike workout Wednesday.
He says: "The only thing I'm trying to think right now is I'd rather miss spring training time than miss time in the season."
Updated February 20, 2013