Cardinals sign David Freese to 1-year deal
- Cabrera hits 3 HRs, but Tigers lose
- Rays' Moore improves to 8-0, beats O's
- Masterson Ks 11, M's Hernandez hit hard
- Lackey leads BoSox to fifth straight win
- Braves score 4 in 8th to sweep Dodgers
ST. LOUIS (AP) The St. Louis Cardinals and 2011 World Series MVP David Freese have reached agreement on a one-year contract that avoids salary arbitration.
Terms of the deal announced Friday were not disclosed. The Cardinals have now come to terms with all arbitration-eligible players.
Freese is a St. Louis County native. The third baseman hit .283 with 20 home runs and 79 RBIs last season and earned his first All-Star appearance.
Updated February 8, 2013