Mariners sign C Paulino to minor league deal
- Cano has 2 HRs, 4 RBIs as Yanks top Jays
- Cards' Garcia to DL with shoulder strain
- Braves' O'Flaherty may be out for season
- McCarthy wins first since hit in head
- Arroyo, Votto lead Reds by Phillies 10-0
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Mariners have started to address one concern before to spring training by signing catcher Ronny Paulino to a minor league deal with an invite to the major league camp.
The Mariners announced the deal Friday. Paulino is the 19th invite to major league spring training on top of the 40-man roster.
Paulino, 31, spent last season in Baltimore, playing 20 games with the Orioles and spending the rest of the season at Triple-A Norfolk. Paulino previously played parts of eight major league seasons with Pittsburgh, Florida and the New York Mets. He has appeared in 573 games and has a .272 batting average.
Updated January 25, 2013