Cardinals' David Freese unhurt in accident
- Cano has 2 HRs, 4 RBIs as Yanks top Jays
- Cards' Garcia to DL for shoulder strain
- Tommy John surgery likely for O'Flaherty
- Arroyo, Votto lead Reds by Phillies 10-0
- Cubs win, RHP Garza returning Tuesday
WILDWOOD, Mo. (AP) St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese is OK after crashing his SUV while trying to avoid a deer.
The accident happened Thursday afternoon in the St. Louis suburb of Wildwood.
The 29-year-old, who was the MVP of the 2011 World Series, crashed his black 2011 Range Rover into a tree, missing the deer.
Freese refused medical attention and his SUV was towed from the scene.
Investigators say alcohol was not a factor in the accident.
Updated November 24, 2012