Padres pick up Black's option years
- Gattis has slam, Braves' win streak to 6
- After Mattingly criticism, Dodgers roll
- Cards' Garcia to miss year after surgery
- Davis hits 14th as O's win, Kuroda hurt
- Buchholz sharp for 7 innings, now 7-0
SAN DIEGO (AP) The San Diego Padres have exercised the 2014 and 2015 option years in manager Bud Black's contract.
The club previously had extended Black's contract through 2013.
Black replaced Bruce Bochy as manager before the 2007 season. He is 464-509 (.477) in six seasons, including a 90-72 mark in 2010. Black won the NL Manager of the Year Award that season.
Also Monday, the Padres agreed with outfielder Kyle Blanks on a $605,000, one-year deal to avoid arbitration.
Updated November 19, 2012