Stanford holds on for 65-59 win over Lafayette
- Alford buyout to net New Mexico $625K
- Washington G Wilcox has foot surgery
- K-State adds F Bolden from Georgetown
- Stoudamire back in Arizona as assistant
- WCC gives Zaninovich 3-year extension
By RICK EYMER
STANFORD, Calif. (AP) Chasson Randle scored 16 points to go with four assists and Stanford beat Lafayette 65-59 on Saturday night.
Joey Ptasinski scored 17 points to lead the Leopards (5-10), who fell to 0-8 on the road. Seth Hinrichs added 16 points.
Lafayette trailed by 10 early in the second half before producing 21-9 run, highlighted by a Dan Trist layup, that gave the Leopards a 45-43 advantage with 9:03 left. But Stanford rallied and held a seven-point lead with 1:14 remaining.
Ptasinski hit a 3-pointer with 27 seconds left to pull the Leopards within 61-59, but the Cardinal made their free throws down the stretch to hang on.
Stanford held a 32-24 lead at halftime.
Updated December 30, 2012